Easy editing tools
Rhino and VisualARQ provide hundreds of editing tools that make it easy to modify any kind of geometry, no matter how complex it is. Either if you work on 2D drawings or 3D objects, the tools to modify each geometry in the most appropiate way are just right there. Here you can see some of the main editing features:
Edit tools for any geometry type:
- Curves: fillet, chamfer, offset, extend, trim, split, join, rebuild...
- Surfaces: fillet, chamfer, offset, extend, trim, split, join, rebuild...
- Solids: boolean operations, cap, shell, extract surface, fillet edges, chamfer edges, trim, split...
- Meshes: rebuild, repair, weld, boolean operations...
- VisualARQ objects: boolean operations, split, extend, reverse...
- The Gumball is an interface widget that allows interactive editing of objects and sub-objects (polysurface faces and edges and surface edges, for example).
- The Gumball helps you move, rotate and scale the geometry easily.
- Customize it: switch it On/Off, align it to Plane/Object/World and specify the colors, sizes and other settings.
- Curves, surfaces extrusions and meshes can be modified through control points.
- VisualARQ objects can also be modified through control points, which are the same as the curves they were created from.
- Walls, Curtain walls and Gable roofs have a vertical extension arrow to easily modify their height.
- Doors and Windows have special control point to change their opening side
- Blocks let you
- Create parts libraries.
- Update all instances by modifying the block definition.
- Keep a smaller model size by using block instances instead of copying identical geometry.
- Use the BlockManager command to view information about the blocks defined in the model.
- Use the Insert command to place block instances into your model, which scales and rotates the instance
- VisualARQ objects can be created from blocks, so you can easily insert them and manage them from their corresponding styles dialog.
- Quick editing: just double click on the block to edit it.
The Properties panel allows you to check and change the information of any Rhino and VisualARQ geometry.
- Object Properties: When one or more VisualARQ objects are selected, the corresponding object type icon appears in the Control panel. There you can change all parameters related to each object type.
- Attributes: Layer, Display color, Linetipe, Print color, Print width, etc.
- Section attributes: in this section it is possible to assign section attributes for the contour and area of sectioned objects, for display and printing purposes.
- Materials: you can assign materials to selected objects, as well as apply texture mappings and decals. More options appear depending on the render engine you are using.
- Viewport properties: when no objects are selected the properties panel shows the current viewport properties: dimensions, projection mode, Camera details, Target coordinates...