Is it possible to create multiple levels at the same time instead of creating them individually?
Yes, this is possible using a VisualARQ Grasshopper Components definition. In order to use this feature, you need to install Grasshopper and VisualARQ Grasshopper Components (download it here).
- 1. Make sure you have VisualARQ loaded in your current document. You can do that just by typing any VisualARQ command (i.e. _vaWall).
- 2. Type Grasshopper in the Command line in order to launch Grasshopper.
- 3. Download and open the following file in Grasshopper: “Create Multiple Levels.gh“
- 4. In that definition you will see different parameters to edit for the “Building” component and for the “Levels” Component. These parameters are:
- Building Name
- Levels Name
- Ground Floor Elevation
- Floor/Level Height
- # of Levels
- 5. After setting the Levels parameters, select the Building Component, right-click, and select Bake.
The Building and levels will be now created in your document, according to the parameters entered in Grasshopper.
You can now modify the Levels and Building parameters from the Level Manager dialog individually. If you want to change the entire Levels parameters again, delete the Building element in the Level Manager Dialog (all levels will be deleted as well), open Grasshopper, and repeat the process again.