Rhino for Architecture workshop using VisualARQ
- When: February 3-4, 2020
- Time: 10.00h – 18.00h
- Where: McNeel Europe: Roger de Flor, 32-34 bajos – 08018 Barcelona (Spain)
McNeel Europe invites Francesc Salla, product manager of VisualARQ (AsuniCAD), to tutor a 2-day BIM oriented Rhino workshop for architects, engineers, and designers at our Barcelona offices.
VisualARQ adds flexible BIM features to Rhino and Grasshopper. The workshop focuses on learning Rhino, VisualARQ, and Grasshopper as a Flexible BIM solution for developing and carrying out an architecture project from the 3D model to the 2D documentation. The workshop will help you improve your architectural modeling skills and parametric design workflow inside Rhino and Grasshopper.
Day 1: Create BIM models in Rhino and 2D docuementation:
- Project setup, object types, layers, and templates.
- Manage the model with Levels and Sections.
- Work with 3D parametric architectural objects while building up a new project.
- Create new custom parametric objects, also from Grasshopper.
- Add custom data to geometry in the model.
- Create lists for quantity take-offs.
- Dimensions, areas, annotations and other 2D drafting tools.
- Vector output printing, page Layout setup.
Day 2: BIM from Grasshopper, interoperability and BIM data:
- Automate your workflow with the VisualARQ Grasshopper Components.
- Import and export 3D models through IFC.
- Add custom IFC information to geometry, also from Grasshopper.
- Team collaboration with external references.
- Basic Rhino knowledge
- VisualARQ 2 (Download link. Ask for a temporary license to firstname.lastname@example.org if your evaluation version expires during the course dates)
- Rhino 6 for Windows
- Course fee: EUR 530,00 (+VAT). Full-time students, university teachers (proof of status required) and remote attendees get a 50% discount. Please note your seat is only confirmed once payment has cleared. Workshop participants qualify for a VisualARQ 2 license discount.
- Maximum number of participants: 10 + 5 remote participants. If there is no quorum, the course will be canceled 15 days before.
- Course language: English.
Educational seats are also available but are limited. Sign up now by contacting McNeel Europe here!