2.4 First Floor Walls
- Use the Wall: from curves command to create the exterior walls of the house. Pick the same curve used to create the slab of the First floor. Use the right alignment.
- Select the 4 walls created and _move them down (0.2m), until they are aligned with the bottom slab surface. This operation can be done also by changing the 4 walls elevation value, from the object properties dialog .
- Turn the slab control points on , and _move them in order that the slab boundary is aligned with the interior wall faces.
- Change the wall height from the object properties dialog .
- Run the vaWall command to create the internal walls. You can change the wall style, alignment, and the insertion options for each wall part without closing the command.
- Run the Wall: From curves or the Wall: Set Path command for the curved walls. You need to create the curve first.
(TIP: Press Ctrl+Z key to undo a wall part without closing the command. The insertion of walls in that way works like the Rhino curves and polylines.)
Ramp fence walls:
- Isolate the objects implied around the wall of the first floor ramp.
- Split the wall which is meant to be the ramp fence, with the _vaWallSplit command . Pick as the split point the corner of the intersection with the other wall.
- Now work from the Right Viewport, in Wireframe display mode. Create the two closed curves that will be used to generate the solids to subtract from the ramp fence wall.
- _Extrude the profile curves. Discard the curves afterwards.
- Run the _vaWallSubtractSolids command to subtract the solids from the walls. (First, select the wall where you wish to subtract the solids, and then select the solid to subtract).
First floor topics: