Export and import styles
The export and import styles commands allow to save the styles of any VisualARQ object created in a document and to use them in new ones.
- 1. Run the _vaStylesExport command to export the existing styles of the object types in the document
- 2. Select one of the two options to export the file:
- From an existing file: option to save the new styles created in an existing .VAL file. Open the .VAL file you want to add the object styles you wish to export. If the file path is not displayed in the drop-down menu, press the Browse button so search for it in your system. The new file will overwrite the object styles that have the same name, and it will add the new object styles to the existing list.
- From a new file: Option to create a new .VAL file with the object styles you wish to export. Assign a name to the .VAL file you wish to create and press the Browse button to store it in the desired path. Select the unit system you wish to save this file as.
- 3. Select all the object styles you wish to export from the list displayed and then press the export button to complete the operation. You can select each style individually or make multiple selections by object type.
Once the .VAL file is created, you can import it into any new document.
- 1. Run the _vaStylesImport command.
- 2. Open the .VAL file that contains the object styles you wish to import into the file (.3DM) in use. If the file path is not displayed in the drop-down menu, press the browse button to search for it in your system. Press the Next > button to continue.
- 3. From the list, select all the object styles you wish to import and press the Import button to complete the process. You can select each style individually or make multiple selections by object type.
Back to Index menu