- Date: Wednesday 12th June 2019
- Time: 09:00 to 17:00
- Location: The Crypt on the Green, Clerkenwell Close, London EC1R 0EA
Simply Rhino announces that the Rhino UK User Group Meeting will be taking place on Wednesday June 12th 2019.
VisualARQ (with Francesc Salla) and Lands Design (with Anna Villafañe) will be exhibitors at the event, where they will be keen to show and discuss the main capabilities of VisualARQ and Lands Design with anyone interested.
Join the wider Rhino3d community at this popular event and watch presentations from Rhino users, plus get hands-on with live software demonstrations from our exhibitors.
Marine Design & Engineering Meeting
Facultat de Nàutica Barcelona
May 8, 2019
Is VisualARQ suitable for the Marine Design? Find it out in this Marine Design & Engineering meeting in Barcelona.
As a Naval Architect, Engineer, Yacht Designer, 3D Modeler or Software Developer, this is a unique event you cannot miss. A collaboration between McNeel, Facultat de Nàutica UPC and Colegio Oficial de Ingenieros Navales y Oceánicos.
In the city of Barcelona, at the historic Facultat de Nàutica, at Pla de Palau, international industry experts will present their latest projects and workflows, and their state-of-the-art CAD/CAM/CAE/VR toolsets.
Keynote speakers include:
- Steve Baer and Scott Davidson (Robert McNeel & Associates)
- Menno Deij – van Rijswijk (Maritime Research Institute Netherlands – MARIN)
- Iuliu Prepelita (Seanaptic Ltd.)
- Liam Woolley (Pivot / Goldfish)
- Gerard Petersen (RhinoCentre NL)
- Stéphane DARDEL (NDAR / Orca3D / ExpressMarine)
- Matthieu Arnold (Ship-ST)
- Ramón Cárceles (VisualARQ by Asuni)
- Dariusz Sawicki (Prometso)
- Javi Ferrín and Adriá Fradera (De Antonio Yachts)
Get hands-on with live software demonstrations from solution providers in Hull Design and Fairing, Parametric Engineering, CFD, Piping, Virtual and Augmented Reality, Visualization, Product Configurators, and much more.
Confirmed exhibitors are icreatia, Mindesk, NDAR, Seanaptic Ltd UK, ShapeDiver, Ship-ST, VARJO, Orca3D, ExpressMarine, Packhunt.io, Maverick Render and VisualARQ.
Meet the McNeel staff and learn more about the new functionalities in Rhino WIP (Sub-D, Cycles, QuadMesh, Voxels) and Rhino’s royalty-free Developer Tools, Frameworks and Ecosystem (RhinoCommon, Rhino Inside, Rhino Compute, RhinoVR, YAK, Grasshopper, food4Rhino).
Flexible BIM workflow with Rhino, VisualARQ and Grasshopper
Wednesday, May 15th, 11am PDT
Sign up for this free webinar organized by Novedge to get to know an overview of VisualARQ “Flexible BIM” features it adds to Rhino and Grasshopper.
You will learn:
- How to work with smart architectural objects and create new custom parametric objects with Grasshopper.
- How to automate design workflows using BIM elements with the VisualARQ Grasshopper components.
- How to generate dynamic 2D drawings from a 3D model.
- How to exchange models between Rhino and other AEC software with the IFC import and export features.
- How to add custom data to geometry, generate BIM reports and export this data as IFC Properties.
VisualARQ will take part of the tools used in these workshops, mostly for its capabilities to export Rhino models to Revit through IFC.
Join Sergio del Castillo Tello, architect, computational designer, MIAUHAUS member and Authorized Rhino Trainer and learn how to use Rhinoceros and Grasshopper to improve your current workflow.
VisualARQ, Flexible BIM and Digital fabrication
- May 14th 2019, 12h-13.30h and 17h-18.30h
- Showroom McNeel Europe. c/Roger de Flor 32-34 bajos, Barcelona
Asuni and icreatia will show the process to develop a BIM model and bring it into a 3D physical model printed with a 3D printer.
Day to day architects have a higher need to generate more complex and detailed 3D models. The traditional techniques have been always too slow and expensive.
The goal of this seminar is to show how to model a project of architecture using the “Flexible BIM” technology with Rhino, VisualARQ and Grasshopper, and bring it into a 3D physical model with the Felix Pro 3D printer.
The seminar is aimed at architects, engineers, students and professionals of construction. It will be held in two identical sessions, at 12h and 17h, of 90 minutes of duration.
These sessions will take place within the “Setmana de l’arquitectura 2019” (Architecture week 2019) event in Barcelona.
This event, organized by Barcelona City Council, the Catalan Architects’ Association (COAC) and the Mies van der Rohe Foundation with Barcelona Building Construmat and ArquinFAD, is a joint initiative that will be taking place at several venues across the city of Barcelona from 9 to 19 May 2019.
During those days, Barcelona will become the center of a wide range of activities relating to the world of architecture and the city, beyond disciplinary and territorial boundaries. On the hundred-year anniversary of the foundation of the Bauhaus school of design and architecture, this year’s edition will emphasize the legacy of a variety of early 20th-century architectural movements to stimulate reflection on the built environments of cities and their value by disseminating architectural activities, knowledge, experience and discussion.
The seminar is free but seats are limited. Please write to email@example.com to book your place.
- May 8th 2019, 9:30 am-12:30 pm
- Simply Rhino Training Centre in Bethnal Green
Simply Rhino UK organizes a free of charge workshop, using Rhino for BIM Model Creation.
This 3-hour workshop will introduce you to the main tools VisualARQ adds to Rhino for developing an architectural project inside Rhino, producing the 2D documentation drawings and delivering a BIM model for other AEC applications.
Francesc Salla, VisualARQ’s product manager, will be the trainer of this workshop.
You will learn:
- How to work with parametric architectural objects
- The Level and Section manager that let you work and organize the model at different levels and sections
- How to produce 2D drawings from the 3D model
- How to generate dynamic BIM objects driven by Grasshopper (also known as “VisualARQ Grasshopper styles”) with unlimited options of design
- How to automate many modelling tasks through the VisualARQ components built for Grasshopper 3D
- How to add custom data to geometry and list in schedules
- How to deliver BIM models and collaborate with other tools through the IFC import / export capabilities