VisualARQ 2.5 is now available for download.
This new service release includes some new features and fixes most of the issues reported by users:
- Faster and improved Hidden Line vector drawings. (Video)
- VisualARQ Object Pipeline component in Grasshopper.
- Added new functions for VisualARQ Script API
- Added a new component in Grasshopper to create Block definitions.
See the complete list in What’s new.
This is a free service release for all VisualARQ users and works on Rhino 5 and Rhino 6.
The Flexible BIM workflow with Rhino, VisualARQ and Grasshopper webinar, recorded last 15th May 2019 is already available.
It shows an overview of VisualARQ 2, highlighting the main uses and features of the program and its connection with Grasshopper.
- Overview of VisualARQ Flexible BIM features + user cases.
- Toolbar overview (min. 16’06”).
- Section and Level Manager (min. 17’40”).
- Section attributes for Rhino objects (min. 22’00”)
- Real time 2D vector drawings and Layout sheets preparation (min. 23’36”).
- Basic workflow of working with VisualARQ objects (walls and doors) (min. 28’53”)
- Create new VisualARQ object styles (walls and doors) (min. 33’17”)
- New VisualARQ object styles from Grasshopper definitions (min. 36’19”).
- Furniture, Element and Annotation object, also created from Grasshopper definitions (min. 43’18”).
- 2D Section views (min.44’43”)
- Custom parameters created by object, by style, by document and from Grasshopper (min. 46’33).
- IFC Tag (min. 48’17)
- VisualARQ Grasshopper Components overview (min. 48’46”)
- Example of how to create a space, reference it in Grasshopper and generate the 4 elevation views of a room automatically: (min. 48’46”)
- Example of how to create a table to quantify the storage volume of furniture objects in a kitchen: (min. 53’05”)
- How to create a new custom parameter “Storage Volume”
- Calculate and assign values to objects for this parameter from Grasshopper
- Generate a new table style to list this information and insert it in the model.
- IFC Export and Import features (min. 1h00’35”).
- 11-13 July 2019
- E.T.S. de Arquitectura Madrid.
VisualARQ will be exhibitors at the Challenges in Mathematical Architecture conference that will take place in Madrid next 11 to 13 July 2019.
This conference will attract everyone that is interested in applying mathematical methods to problems with application in Architecture. This event aims at being a meeting point for architects, engineers, mathematicians and software developers interested in architectural problems, with significant geometric and mathematical content. This is an initiative of the Department of Applied Mathematics of the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid.
- Date: Wednesday 12th June 2019
- Time: 09:00 to 17:00
- Location: The Crypt on the Green, Clerkenwell Close, London EC1R 0EA
Simply Rhino announces that the Rhino UK User Group Meeting will be taking place on Wednesday June 12th 2019.
VisualARQ (with Francesc Salla) and Lands Design (with Anna Villafañe) will be exhibitors at the event, where they will be keen to show and discuss the main capabilities of VisualARQ and Lands Design with anyone interested.
Join the wider Rhino3d community at this popular event and watch presentations from Rhino users, plus get hands-on with live software demonstrations from our exhibitors.
Marine Design & Engineering Meeting
Facultat de Nàutica Barcelona
May 8, 2019
Is VisualARQ suitable for the Marine Design? Find it out in this Marine Design & Engineering meeting in Barcelona.
As a Naval Architect, Engineer, Yacht Designer, 3D Modeler or Software Developer, this is a unique event you cannot miss. A collaboration between McNeel, Facultat de Nàutica UPC and Colegio Oficial de Ingenieros Navales y Oceánicos.
In the city of Barcelona, at the historic Facultat de Nàutica, at Pla de Palau, international industry experts will present their latest projects and workflows, and their state-of-the-art CAD/CAM/CAE/VR toolsets.
Keynote speakers include:
- Steve Baer and Scott Davidson (Robert McNeel & Associates)
- Menno Deij – van Rijswijk (Maritime Research Institute Netherlands – MARIN)
- Iuliu Prepelita (Seanaptic Ltd.)
- Liam Woolley (Pivot / Goldfish)
- Gerard Petersen (RhinoCentre NL)
- Stéphane DARDEL (NDAR / Orca3D / ExpressMarine)
- Matthieu Arnold (Ship-ST)
- Ramón Cárceles (VisualARQ by Asuni)
- Dariusz Sawicki (Prometso)
- Javi Ferrín and Adriá Fradera (De Antonio Yachts)
Get hands-on with live software demonstrations from solution providers in Hull Design and Fairing, Parametric Engineering, CFD, Piping, Virtual and Augmented Reality, Visualization, Product Configurators, and much more.
Confirmed exhibitors are icreatia, Mindesk, NDAR, Seanaptic Ltd UK, ShapeDiver, Ship-ST, VARJO, Orca3D, ExpressMarine, Packhunt.io, Maverick Render and VisualARQ.
Meet the McNeel staff and learn more about the new functionalities in Rhino WIP (Sub-D, Cycles, QuadMesh, Voxels) and Rhino’s royalty-free Developer Tools, Frameworks and Ecosystem (RhinoCommon, Rhino Inside, Rhino Compute, RhinoVR, YAK, Grasshopper, food4Rhino).
Flexible BIM workflow with Rhino, VisualARQ and Grasshopper
Wednesday, May 15th, 11am PDT
Sign up for this free webinar organized by Novedge to get to know an overview of VisualARQ “Flexible BIM” features it adds to Rhino and Grasshopper.
You will learn:
- How to work with smart architectural objects and create new custom parametric objects with Grasshopper.
- How to automate design workflows using BIM elements with the VisualARQ Grasshopper components.
- How to generate dynamic 2D drawings from a 3D model.
- How to exchange models between Rhino and other AEC software with the IFC import and export features.
- How to add custom data to geometry, generate BIM reports and export this data as IFC Properties.