Workflow with VisualARQ
“We at Aurblanc, are experienced users of Rhinoceros 3D and use VisualARQ in different projects.
VisualARQ is an intuitive modeling tool that allows us to quickly model architectural objects such as slabs, walls, frames, beams, doors, windows, building elements, etc.”
“Its great flexibility lies in the ease of creating parametric architectural objects. We create certain elements directly on 2D plans or on an existing set of gridlines.
Rhino for Architecture workshop using VisualARQ
- When: February 3-4, 2020
- Time: 10.00h – 18.00h
- Where: McNeel Europe: Roger de Flor, 32-34 bajos – 08018 Barcelona (Spain)
McNeel Europe invites Francesc Salla, product manager of VisualARQ (AsuniCAD), to tutor a 2-day BIM oriented Rhino workshop for architects, engineers, and designers at our Barcelona offices.
VisualARQ adds flexible BIM features to Rhino and Grasshopper. The workshop focuses on learning Rhino, VisualARQ, and Grasshopper as a Flexible BIM solution for developing and carrying out an architecture project from the 3D model to the 2D documentation. The workshop will help you improve your architectural modeling skills and parametric design workflow inside Rhino and Grasshopper.
Day 1: Create BIM models in Rhino and 2D docuementation:
- Project setup, object types, layers, and templates.
- Manage the model with Levels and Sections.
- Work with 3D parametric architectural objects while building up a new project.
- Create new custom parametric objects, also from Grasshopper.
- Add custom data to geometry in the model.
- Create lists for quantity take-offs.
- Dimensions, areas, annotations and other 2D drafting tools.
- Vector output printing, page Layout setup.
Day 2: BIM from Grasshopper, interoperability and BIM data:
- Automate your workflow with the VisualARQ Grasshopper Components.
- Import and export 3D models through IFC.
- Add custom IFC information to geometry, also from Grasshopper.
- Team collaboration with external references.
- Basic Rhino knowledge
- VisualARQ 2 (Download link. Ask for a temporary license to firstname.lastname@example.org if your evaluation version expires during the course dates)
- Rhino 6 for Windows
- Course fee: EUR 530,00 (+VAT). Full-time students, university teachers (proof of status required) and remote attendees get a 50% discount. Please note your seat is only confirmed once payment has cleared. Workshop participants qualify for a VisualARQ 2 license discount.
- Maximum number of participants: 10 + 5 remote participants. If there is no quorum, the course will be canceled 15 days before.
- Course language: English.
Educational seats are also available but are limited. Sign up now by contacting McNeel Europe here!
VisualARQ 2.6 is now available for download.
This new service release includes some new features and fixes most of the issues reported by users:
Extend Curtain walls vertically
Wall thickness by object
Beam extension arrow
Render the model in section!
Wall height by layer
Space object in VisualARQ Geometry Pipeline
AEC Tech 2019 is the seventh annual event and a four-day experience for professionals in the AEC industry and beyond!
- Wednesday, October 16th from 6PM–10 PM: Pre-event: VR/AR Tech Immersion Night.
- Thursday, October 17th: Masterclasses.
- Friday, October 18th: Symposium featuring a full-day of presentations and discussions from highly-acclaimed professionals within the industry.
- Saturday, October 19th and Sunday, October 20th: Hackathon.
Join McNeel Developers in a Masterclasses at AEC Tech 2019.
- compute.rhino3D with Will Pearson and Steve Baer, Robert McNeel & Associates
- Rhino.Inside with Luis Fraguada and Kike Garcia, Robert McNeel & Associates
Francesc Salla, VisualARQ’s product manager will be present to discuss VisualARQ flexible BIM features with anyone interested.
This video shows the workflow between VisualARQ and Parametricos, a web-based platform for visualizing and sharing architectural models in their context—effortlessly.
Parametricos lets you upload your models on a specific location, collaborate with 3rd party services and take advantage of the tools to simulate the projects in a virtual environment.
The sample model of this tutorial is the one Autodesk Revit provides, that has been previously exported from Revit to Rhino through the VisualARQ IFC importer and edited in Rhino and VisualARQ.
The model is then exported from VisualARQ to Parametricos (through IFC), where you can visualize it on the web and share it with others.
See the full tutorial here: https://blog.parametricos.com/visualarq-to-parametricos/
- Where: NABA, Nuova Accademia di Belle Arti,- Via C. Darwin 20, Milano, Italy
- When: 12 October 2019 – 10:00am-7:00pm
McNeel Europe is holding a new type of event in Milan, Italy, which combines workshops in Rhino and some of the state-of-the-art plugins, and an exhibition area.
A VisualARQ lecture will take place during the event (10h-11.30h) where you will see an overview of the Flexible BIM features it adds to Rhino and Grasshopper. The lecture will include an introduction to Lands Design, the Rhino plug-in for landscape architects and designers.
Learn about Grasshopper and Paneling Tools, see how Rhino can be used together with Archicad and VisualARQ, and take rendering to the next level through V-Ray and VR with Mindesk.
At the exhibition area you will be able to meet VisualARQ, Lands Design, ShapeDiver, CIMsystem, and EasyJewels3D, among others, and try the devices by Wacom and 3Dconnexion.
- Exhibition area: free access.
- Workshops: Early-Bird 15€ per workshop, (until 4 October). Then 30€.