We are looking for an architect / 3D designer for our team in Stimpfach.
Schneider is one of Europe’s leading addresses for the design and construction of façades and complex building envelopes made from glass, steel, aluminium, timber and other high-tech materials. About 1,100 employees work at the Schneider group’s 9 locations around Europe.
As a medium-sized family company, we enjoy ideal conditions to be able to react flexibly to customer requirements. In so doing, we use excellent engineering work and technical solutions, thought out down to the last detail, to set standards for facades, which are of excellent architectural and constructive quality, all over Europe.
If you are passionate about outstanding design/architecture, we are looking for you!
As an Architectural 3D Designer, you will collaborate with our design team to develop innovative design solutions for façades as well as coordinate the design through the construction documentation phase of a project. Your work ethic and dedication to problem solving, combined with our commitment to collaboration and mentoring, makes Schneider the perfect place to further your career.
What You Will do:
- Working closely with the architectural team to develop design solutions for various types of facades.
- Developing and resolving technical details while maintaining design intents.
- Technical Documentation.
- Coordinate with consultants throughout the project phases.
- Professional degree in Architecture, Civil engineering.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Rhino/Grasshopper, (Inventor).
- VisualARQ skills appreciated.
- Knowledge of rendering software is desirable.
- Strong in graphic and visual representation skills; sharp-edged spatial sense.
- Fluent in written and spoken in English.
- Inspiring projects in an agile and dynamic work environment
- Working independently, goal-oriented and with an impact
- Great potential to develop your career within a growth company
Then apply with your application documents (cover letter, CV)!
The relevant contact person is Markus Knörzer- we are looking forward to your application!
- Gebrüder Schneider Fensterfabrik GmbH & Co. KG
- Rechenberger Straße 7-9
- 74597 Stimpfach Germany
- t: 0049 (0) 7967 151 221
- e: email@example.com
VisualARQ 2.5 is now available for download.
This new service release includes some new features and fixes most of the issues reported by users:
- Faster and improved Hidden Line vector drawings. (Video)
- VisualARQ Object Pipeline component in Grasshopper.
- Added new functions for VisualARQ Script API
- Added a new component in Grasshopper to create Block definitions.
See the complete list in What’s new.
This is a free service release for all VisualARQ users and works on Rhino 5 and Rhino 6.
The Flexible BIM workflow with Rhino, VisualARQ and Grasshopper webinar, recorded last 15th May 2019 is already available.
It shows an overview of VisualARQ 2, highlighting the main uses and features of the program and its connection with Grasshopper.
- Overview of VisualARQ Flexible BIM features + user cases.
- Toolbar overview (min. 16’06”).
- Section and Level Manager (min. 17’40”).
- Section attributes for Rhino objects (min. 22’00”)
- Real time 2D vector drawings and Layout sheets preparation (min. 23’36”).
- Basic workflow of working with VisualARQ objects (walls and doors) (min. 28’53”)
- Create new VisualARQ object styles (walls and doors) (min. 33’17”)
- New VisualARQ object styles from Grasshopper definitions (min. 36’19”).
- Furniture, Element and Annotation object, also created from Grasshopper definitions (min. 43’18”).
- 2D Section views (min.44’43”)
- Custom parameters created by object, by style, by document and from Grasshopper (min. 46’33).
- IFC Tag (min. 48’17)
- VisualARQ Grasshopper Components overview (min. 48’46”)
- Example of how to create a space, reference it in Grasshopper and generate the 4 elevation views of a room automatically: (min. 48’46”)
- Example of how to create a table to quantify the storage volume of furniture objects in a kitchen: (min. 53’05”)
- How to create a new custom parameter “Storage Volume”
- Calculate and assign values to objects for this parameter from Grasshopper
- Generate a new table style to list this information and insert it in the model.
- IFC Export and Import features (min. 1h00’35”).
- 11-13 July 2019
- E.T.S. de Arquitectura Madrid.
VisualARQ will be exhibitors at the Challenges in Mathematical Architecture conference that will take place in Madrid next 11 to 13 July 2019.
This conference will attract everyone that is interested in applying mathematical methods to problems with application in Architecture. This event aims at being a meeting point for architects, engineers, mathematicians and software developers interested in architectural problems, with significant geometric and mathematical content. This is an initiative of the Department of Applied Mathematics of the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid.
- Date: Wednesday 12th June 2019
- Time: 09:00 to 17:00
- Location: The Crypt on the Green, Clerkenwell Close, London EC1R 0EA
Simply Rhino announces that the Rhino UK User Group Meeting will be taking place on Wednesday June 12th 2019.
VisualARQ (with Francesc Salla) and Lands Design (with Anna Villafañe) will be exhibitors at the event, where they will be keen to show and discuss the main capabilities of VisualARQ and Lands Design with anyone interested.
Join the wider Rhino3d community at this popular event and watch presentations from Rhino users, plus get hands-on with live software demonstrations from our exhibitors.
Marine Design & Engineering Meeting
Facultat de Nàutica Barcelona
May 8, 2019
Is VisualARQ suitable for the Marine Design? Find it out in this Marine Design & Engineering meeting in Barcelona.
As a Naval Architect, Engineer, Yacht Designer, 3D Modeler or Software Developer, this is a unique event you cannot miss. A collaboration between McNeel, Facultat de Nàutica UPC and Colegio Oficial de Ingenieros Navales y Oceánicos.
In the city of Barcelona, at the historic Facultat de Nàutica, at Pla de Palau, international industry experts will present their latest projects and workflows, and their state-of-the-art CAD/CAM/CAE/VR toolsets.
Keynote speakers include:
- Steve Baer and Scott Davidson (Robert McNeel & Associates)
- Menno Deij – van Rijswijk (Maritime Research Institute Netherlands – MARIN)
- Iuliu Prepelita (Seanaptic Ltd.)
- Liam Woolley (Pivot / Goldfish)
- Gerard Petersen (RhinoCentre NL)
- Stéphane DARDEL (NDAR / Orca3D / ExpressMarine)
- Matthieu Arnold (Ship-ST)
- Ramón Cárceles (VisualARQ by Asuni)
- Dariusz Sawicki (Prometso)
- Javi Ferrín and Adriá Fradera (De Antonio Yachts)
Get hands-on with live software demonstrations from solution providers in Hull Design and Fairing, Parametric Engineering, CFD, Piping, Virtual and Augmented Reality, Visualization, Product Configurators, and much more.
Confirmed exhibitors are icreatia, Mindesk, NDAR, Seanaptic Ltd UK, ShapeDiver, Ship-ST, VARJO, Orca3D, ExpressMarine, Packhunt.io, Maverick Render and VisualARQ.
Meet the McNeel staff and learn more about the new functionalities in Rhino WIP (Sub-D, Cycles, QuadMesh, Voxels) and Rhino’s royalty-free Developer Tools, Frameworks and Ecosystem (RhinoCommon, Rhino Inside, Rhino Compute, RhinoVR, YAK, Grasshopper, food4Rhino).