VisualARQ Zoo plug-in
The VisualARQ Zoo plug-in is available for Zoo 6 and Zoo 5:
- Rhino 5 SR14 (or later) (32 or 64-bit) or Rhino 6 SR14 (or later)
- Zoo 6 – License Manager (or later). (Download)
- VisualARQ 2
How does it work?
When VisualARQ is installed as a workgroup node instead of stand-alone, it works like this:
- When a workgroup node starts, it requests a license from the Zoo.
- An unused license is assigned to the node.
- When a node shuts down, the license is returned to the Zoo license pool.
In order to change the license mode to Network, run the vaLicense command. (Learn more about license modes).
Note: VisualARQ network licenses can be also managed with the Cloud Zoo.
I cannot add the VisualARQ license to the Zoo
To proceed properly, follow these steps:
- Remove the VisualARQ licenses from the Zoo if there were any. (It is necessary to enable the option to check out the licenses from the Zoo (in the Zoo menu > Tools > Options)
- Uninstall the VisualARQ Zoo plugin
- Download and install this new Microsoft package: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8328
- Make sure there are no VisualARQ (version 1 or 2) Zoo plug-ins installed in your machine
- Install the VisualARQ Zoo plug-in for the Zoo 6. (Download is available from this page)
- Restart the server (recommended)
- Run the Zoo and add a VisualARQ license
I am unable to remove a VisualARQ license from the Zoo
To solve this, install the VisualARQ Zoo plug-in back (please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a former version of the VisualARQ Zoo plug-in), and remove the VisualARQ license from the Zoo.
I cannot run VisualARQ in network mode after an update
Due to a change in VisualARQ 2.1, VisualARQ 2 licenses that have been added to a Zoo server must be removed and added again with the current version of the VisualARQ Zoo plug-in.
To solve this problem, follow these steps.
- Before updating the VisualARQ Zoo plug-in to the current version, remove all VisualARQ 2 licenses from the Zoo.
- Uninstall any VisualARQ Zoo plug-in versions from your machine.
- Install the new version 2.1 of the VisualARQ Zoo plug-in.
- Add the VisualARQ licenses to the Zoo again.
Does VisualARQ support the Cloud Zoo?
This feature is only available in the Rhino 6 version
Is it possible to checkout VisualARQ licenses?
This option only appears when using VisualARQ in “Network” license mode. If you get a message like “Unable to checkout license from license manager. Please contact your system administrator”, you need to enable the checkout license from the Zoo Options.
PD: this works from VA 2.2.3 version and the last Zoo.