When I open a new drawing, the VisualARQ templates are not displayed in the templates dialog box… How can I make them appear?
If you open a new file and VisualARQ templates don’t appear in the template dialog box, there might be two reasons:
1. The files are not located in the same folder as Rhino templates.
To make them appear, just copy the VisualARQ template files to the same folder where Rhino templates are stored.
You can check where Rhino templates are located from the Rhino Options > Files > Template files > Location.
These are the VisualARQ template files, and the directory where they are created when VisualARQ is installed:
- VisualARQ – Meters.3dm
- VisualARQ – Millimeters.3dm
- VisualARQ – Feet.3dm
- VisualARQ – Inches.3dm
In Rhino 6:
- C:\Users\”UserName”\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\Localization\en-US\Template Files.
In Rhino 5 32, and 64 bit:
- C:\Users\”UserName”\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0\Localization\en-US\Template Files.
(These directories correspond to the en-US templates folder. Change “en-US” to the corresponding language folder to find the other directories where the VisualARQ templates are stored in different languages).
2. VisualARQ was installed in that machine by a different Windows User session.
In this case, you may need to enter in that machine with the same user account that installed VisualARQ, copy the template files (as well as the toolbar file) to an external folder or location (a folder in the cloud or a USB pendrive), enter in the machine with the other user account, and copy the VisualARQ template files to the same folder where Rhino templates are stored.