If you have problems to install VisualARQ, or use it after you launched Rhino, follow the next steps to find out the best solution:
- Check your Rhino version. VisualARQ doesn’t work with previous versions of Rhino 5 SR11 or Rhino 6 SR11.
Check out in Rhino Tools > Options > Updates and Statistics if you have the latest version. Click on the “Check Now…” link to verify if you have the latest version or download the latest service release.
- Make sure there is no Rhino application running when you install VisualARQ. If there is, close all Rhino applications and install VisualARQ again.
- If you are trying to install VisualARQ in Rhino 5.0 64 bit version 2012/07/25, repair Rhino and install VisualARQ again. (To repair Rhino, do right-click on Rhino 5.0 64 bit .msi installer and select repair), otherwise ignore this point.
- Uninstall VisualARQ manually, and install it again.
- Delete manually all the VisualARQ files and folders that may remain in your computer:
- Rhino 6 (*):
- VisualARQ installation folder: C:\Program Files\AsuniCAD\VisualARQ 2
- Tibidabo installation folder in Common Files: C:\Program Files\Common Files\AsuniCAD\Tibidabo\2.0
- Some DLL files in the Rhino installation folder:
- C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\System: Asuni.Display10.dll
- C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\System: Asuni.Ifc2x3.dll
- C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\System: CSTB.Ifc2x3.dll
- The Tibidabo plug-ins folder: C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Tibidabo
- The IFC export plug-in: C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins: Asuni.Ifc.Export.rhp
- The IFC import plug-in: C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins: Asuni.Ifc.Import.rhp
- Rhino 6 (*):
- If the problem persists, please contact VisualARQ technical support: firstname.lastname@example.org
(*)Note: For Rhino 5, search for the files in “Rhino 5” folder instead of “Rhino 6”. For Rhino 5 32 bits computer, find the files in folder “C:Program Files (x86)” instead of “C:”Program Files”.