Is VisualARQ a McNeel Product?
VisualARQ has been developed by Asuni CAD, a company specialized in software development and distribution for architectural design, engineering, landscaping and industrial design. Based in Barcelona, Asuni CAD and McNeel Europe belong to the same company group, working in close collaboration with this and other projects.
What kind of program is VisualARQ?
VisualARQ is a plug-in designed for a sector of the architectural market. It allows you to work within Rhino’s interface, providing specific tools to create/edit architectural plans, and to work with parametric 3D Objects -such as walls, doors, windows, columns, slabs, roofs, stairs and railings- making the architectural design process and its documentation much easier to handle.
What are the main values VisualARQ provides to its users?
- Complex architectural projects modeling in 3D and 2D in an easy and fast way.
- Easy editing and automatic update of all the 2D document drawings, which are attached to the 3D model.
- IFC export of Rhino documents, in order to be able to open and work with them in BIM plaftorms such as Revit, ArchiCAD, Ecotect or Tekla Bimsight.
- The dynamic section tool, which allows to work with real-time section views.
- An affordable price. VisualARQ plus Rhino makes a very affordable and competitive 2D/3D architectural package solution compared to related products in the market. (Pricing)
- Free technical support and constant development based on the users' needs and requests.
Who is VisualARQ aimed at?
VisualARQ is aimed at architects, interior designers, engineers, constructors, urban planners, renderers and architecture professionals. It can also be a very useful tool for any Rhino user interested in architectural modeling or wishing to obtain technical drawings from their designs in a fast way.
Is VisualARQ available in other languages?
VisualARQ (program, Help and website) is available in English, French, Spanish, German, Italian and Czech.
Does VisualARQ support Rhino 5.0?
Yes, VisualARQ supports Rhino 5.0 (32-bit and 64-bit) from the SR6.
Does VisualARQ support Windows 8?
Yes, VisualARQ supports Windows 8 and later upgrades. If you experience any problem after upgrading Windows, uninstall VisualARQ and reinstall it.
Will you be developing VisualARQ for the upcoming release of Rhino OS X for the Mac? If so, when are you planning to do it?
We certainly are very interested in developing a VisualARQ version for Rhino OSX, but we won't be able to adapt our plugin to run with Rhino’s Mac version until that version is 100% ready. Once the definitive Rhino OSX version is released(*), our development team will be able to determine how much work/time we need for adapting VisualARQ to the OSX system.
Is VisualARQ based on BIM (Building Information Modeler)?
Yes. VisualARQ has a set of parametric architectural objects and tools, that make design and documentation processes easier and faster. All project documentation (plans, sections, elevations, schedule tables for room areas, openings quantifications, etc) is attached to the 3D model and is updated automatically at any change on the 3D model.
Is the evaluation version fully functional?
Yes, it is. After the 30-day trial you can still use VisualARQ, but some features are disabled:
- VisualARQ objects and styles are no longer saved.
- Copy, paste and explode commands for VisualARQ objects are disabled.
- Style import/export commands are disabled.
- IFC export is disabled.
What is an Educational License?
- is a full-featured commercial license at a special price for a Single User.
- is for students, faculty (teachers, instructors, and professors), and schools only (proof of status is required).
- can be used for either educational or commercial activities.
- is not transferable (cannot be sold or transferred to another user).
What is a LAB License?
- is for schools only (proof of status is required).
- is a license to use VisualARQ on all the computers in a single classroom or lab (one room) and the instructor's computer. A network is not required.
- ..or, is a floating license to use VisualARQ on 30 computers in a department.
Is it possible to import and export VisualARQ documents from and into AutoCAD?
- Import from AutoCAD: Yes. Since Rhino can read .dwg files, VisualARQ can work with them as well. It is therefore possible to start modeling a project in 3D using the 2D drawings imported from AutoCAD. VisualARQ can convert 2D lines into 3D walls, railings, beams, slabs....
- Export into AutoCAD: Yes. Once the 2D documentation drawings of a 3D model are generated in VisualARQ, it is possible to export them into AutoCAD. You just need to save the document as a .dwg file, and keep on working with the file in AutoCAD. This tip gives more information about how to do it.
Is it possible to dimension from the plug-in?
Yes, there is a command to create automatic walls and openings dimensions from the 3D model. In addition, Rhino provides a set of drafting tools for the rest of the 3D model dimensioning and documentation.
Is it possible to render from the plug-in?
VisualARQ provides a material manager which supports materials of all render engines that are supported by Rhino (Rhino render, V-Ray, Flamingo nXt, Maxwell, etc...). This tip gives more information of how to assign materials to VisualARQ objects.
Is there any training material available to learn VisualARQ?
The existing material to learn VisualARQ can be found from the following sources:
- VisualARQ Help: available from the Rhino drop-down menu once you install VisualARQ.
- Video gallery: the main features of VisualARQ through a collection of short video demos.
- Tips & Tricks page.
- VisualARQ video tutorial: A full video tutorial for architectural modeling with Rhino and VisualARQ.
- VisualARQ community: a discussion forum group inside the Rhino community.